eDesign // Shabby Entry Hall
We all know that first impressions are important, but for some reason that front entry hall always leaves us stymied. Today's eDesign showcases some ideas for a functional, timeless and multi-layered front hall that will not only make a great first impression, but a lasting one!
- I chose a rug that already had a worn look but an antique, timeless feel . The front halls get a lot of traffic, so this way you don't have to worry about wear and tear and still get a classic look.
- A hall table is a must with a bowl or tray for keys and sunglasses and a basket for bulkier items such as umbrellas or shoes. A table that doesn't show scratches is always a bonus for my family!
- I love accessories that do double duty. These book vases are gorgeous on their own and function as vases when you have fresh flowers handy.
- If you have room, a small chair is great for when you need to slip on those shoes on the way out the door.
- The layered look of the mirrors and empty frames are what will really make the foyer memorable. The mirrors, of course, are pretty and functional, but mixing in the empty frames is what really adds texture and interest. Don't be afraid to mix up styles and color! Pop in some candle sconces too, for those evenings that you entertain.