Who here is tired of turkeys and pilgrims? I understand their relevance and I'm not suggesting we kick them to the proverbial Thanksgiving curb, but maybe just tone it down a bit. This year I want a Thanksgiving that suggests autumn, family gatherings and getting back to our roots, but I also want it to be inviting and warm with just a touch of glimmer and glam. Enter my Rustic Lux Thanksgiving table wish list. This Thanksgiving table is rustic enough that you can comfortably put your elbows on the table and stay awhile, but it's the dash of glimmer and glow that will warm your heart and your skin tone.
The reclaimed wood farm table (1) and the burlap end chairs (2) provide a rustic starting point for this Thanksgiving look. The addition of the gray tufted side chairs (3) introduce a bit of an upscale contrast but they still have a rustic edge to them. The gold on the matte black plates (4) is a glamorous surprise, and the butterfly platters (5) are an unexpected burst of color. The muted, textured linens (6,7) add some subtle patterns and keep the sparkle of the gold flatware (9) and napkin rings (8) grounded. Vintage amber glasses (11) contribute a pop of color and whimsy. Black and gold leaf candles (10) presented on a wood bark pedestal stand(13) bring warmth to the table and continue that autumn feel. Finally the unexpected surprise of gold lining in a hammered steel pendant (12) provides just the right glow for your guests to linger under.
1. Cane dining table - Home Decorators
2. Cane burlap dining chair - HomeDecorators
3. Gray Emma tufted chair - World Market
4. Shanna Murray plates - West Elm
5. Butterfly glass serve ware - West Elm
6. Nouveau paisley napkin - World Market
7. Cabin stripe runner - West Elm
8. Gold leaf napkin rings - Acrylic Cool Creations - Etsy
9. Rose gold flatware - West Elm
10. Hakkari hurricane and candleholder - Crate and Barrel
11. Vintage amber glassware - Gumdrop Vintage - Etsy
12. Hammered steel dome pendant - Shades of Light
13. Wood bark pedestal stand - World Market